Friday, March 13, 2009

Long Weekend in Feb.

This is long overdue, but I finally have a free moment to upload the photos. Stacie and I went with home with Katherine to Wales, and had a really good time. The Cottam family is very sweet and they always make me feel loved...I adore their family. Plus, as you'll see, they give me stuff...Katherine's brother Daniel outgrew his coat and they gave it to me because they knew I liked it so much. It is quite a fashion statement, but I LOVE IT!!!!!

We got a little silly that first night. We had been stuck in the dorms too long, and lost our minds. These are our crazy hairdoos. We then proceeded to wrestle and tickle torture each other into the late hours of the night. Katherine pinned me everytime (it doesn't help she is dating a wrestler who teaches her tricks).


Then we went shooting up the canyon again. I think I have become a worse shot when it comes to the pistol; I couldn't hit a darn thing but dirt. But then Katherine's dad got out the clay pigeons and I surprised myself by actually blowing one to bits! We really like this picture because it actually has the pigeon in it.

Now you would never believe me unless you saw these pictures. In Wales, population zilch, in the snow and frozen misery, there is a man who breeds zebras. I guess he used to work for a petting zoo, and he keeps it up. It was the strangest thing to be standing in frozen and muddy gunk, watching it snow, and staring deep into the eyes of a grumpy zebra.

Then, just for the record books, I TOUCHED A ZEBRA. He was literally chomping at the bit, so I only barely touched his nose with my finger, but I did it. (but how cool of a story would it be to say a zebra bit me, while it was snowing?)

No comments: