Friday, June 10, 2011

California


The trip started with a Goose. Maddy dropped him off for a visit last week, and we had endured enough of his honking and pecking that we delivered him back to the McHales. He drove the whole way nestled between Ashlee and I in the front seat.


When we got to Camarillo, Ashlee took me to the Gardens of the World. Its a beautiful garden that was donated by and taken care of by a wealthy family from the area. It was gorgeous! And completely free!!

I took Ashlee to the Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center in Old Town San Diego. We LOVED it!! It was like the place had been put on Disneyland steroids.

We stayed at the McHales' house and Norma Jean treated us to dinner at Five Guys. She showed us their "Mutant Soda Machine." It was soooo cool! Digital screen with all of those flavors. When you picked the one you wanted, it would then give you a handful of other flavor options. So I had peach Sprite while Norma Jean had Raspberry Coke.

We walked Ponto Beach, and loved spending some last moments together at one of the most beautiful places.


I had to stop and pose...resisting was just too much for me after all the traveling.


We also spent an afternoon at Moonlight Beach. Ashlee thought I was crazy for wearing this big "Mom Hat" but when she started to get burned, she swallowed her pride and used the beautiful monstrosity.



I spent my last 2 days with my grandparents. They are temple workers, so I went to the Newport Temple with them from 5am to Noon. It was a wonderful experience. The building in stunning, I got to participate in every ordinance (except baptisms), and the spirit was so strong.

I made it home in one piece, but I wish I could have spent more time with all my family and friends in California.

No comments: