Monday, August 26, 2013

Today I had a missionary tender mercy. I went to a friend's homecoming talk, and a man who seemed kinda rough on the edges came and sat by me. He had a white shirt and tie on, but he had tattoos up and down his arms. He had experienced a hard life, but I could tell that he really wanted to be at church. He sat down during the opening announcements and I didn't get to talk to him.

He was obviously relatively new to the process, but he knew when to sing and when to bow his head for the Sacrament. During the sacrament the prompting to speak to him was powerful enough that I could not mistake it. 

BUT HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TTI SOMEONE WHEN YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF SACRAMENT MEETING?!??!?!? 

(tti: is an acronym from my mission. Teach Testify Invite)

But the opportunity arose, and I didn't miss it. I jumped on it and kept going. All throughout the meeting we had little whispered conversations. When it was over, he got my number and we decided to stay in contact. I told the friend who spoke (Chris) about it and he got all excited....because his dad is the Ward Mission Leader! Oh Happy Day! So I talked to his dad, and we came up with a small plan to work with this guy. His name is Alex and he was baptized as a kid, and he is trying to change his life around. I am going to come and visit every once and a while and I offered my help in teaching and befriending him.

WAHOO!! I love the feeling I get when I do missionary work. It was just a simple conversation, but it was a followed prompting, and that made all the difference.

No comments: