Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chocolate Cake

This last week was the beginning of Student Teaching.

It was possibly the most exhausting week of my life. And most certainly the busiest week.

I broke down Wednesday night. I had gotten 12 hours of sleep in 3 days, and I had put myself through WAY too much. My mother walked into my Lesson Plan Generating Cave...and found me crying. She listened as I lamented the frustrations of the experience. And at the very end I sputtered out:

"And I just want Chocolate Cake! I have been craving chocolate cake for days, and I don't know why! I don't need it. It probably wouldn't even satisfy my emptiness....BUT I WANT IT! It is such a ridiculous want. Guh. But I want it."

She smiled at me, kissed my head, and walked out so I could get going on my assignments.

The next morning I heard tinkering around in the kitchen....


She had made me MY FAVORITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS!!! She uses a chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin. That't it! 2 ingredients....and SO MUCH JOY!

She loves me. I got my chocolate cake.

Ready for the surprise? It was exactly what I needed...and TOTALLY satisfied me. 

1 comment:

Leigh said...

What a sweet blessing! Best of luck with student teaching....so exciting and overwhelming and crazy and fun all at the same time!!!!