Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

We had our annual neighborhood parade with the fire truck and the much anticipated water fights. First everyone lines up behind the big red truck and parades down the street in decorated bikes and bodies. Then the water war begins. The firemen almost always hook up to the hydrant, or their own tank, and spray the little kids as the chillin's attack with water balloons. When that excitement runs low, the teenage war begins (which is usually so ugly that everyone else goes home).

>

So I made these ear rings 10 minutes before the parade started, and everyone just loved them. I thought they were darn cute, but REALLY itchy. (And it was really hot and sunny, hence the silly face)

Lauren planned on helping Della ride the bike, but Della thought the neighbor's wagon was much more interesting...so Lauren pushed an empty bike.

Emma, in her patriotic, George Washington pose...or at least that's what Mom and I called it.

This is my favorite shot of the day...need I say more?

Then there is my cute Mom and Dad, standing in their usual spot on the corner where they can easily watch all the festivities (and get the oc

No comments: