Thursday, January 14, 2010

Move over "Kate & Leopold"

Many women know the movie "Kate & Leopold." Meg Ryan plays Kate who falls in love with the time-traveling Duke ____ (don't remember his name). He walks around all majestic in his royal 1800's clothing. Its hard not to fall for this dashing man.

Well, I had an experience today. I was studying in a hallway when a younger man walked into the classroom across the way. I thought nothing of it, until I realized he was wearing full on riding boots. Strange Pride and Prejudice style music started to play. After a couple minutes he came out and asked me some questions about how loud/disruptive the music was...I could hardly keep from gaping.

He was wearing boots, tight khaki pants, white shirt, classic Joseph Smith style tie, colorful and elegantly embroidered vest, with sleek mid-thigh coat. Not to mention he was tall, dark, and handsome. Then periodically throughout the hour, loud, beautiful, and calming music radiated from the room he had disappeared into. Oh, it was like a movie.

My wild imagination made me sure he would open the door, take two quick steps towards me, reach out his hand and the two of us would rush off to his horse and then live in his manor happily ever after.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meg Ryan plays Kate who falls in love with the time-traveling Duke ____ (don't remember his name).

Leopold dear. The time traveling Duke of Albany's name was Leopold Alexis Elijah Walker Thomas Garrett Mountbatten. : )