Saturday, February 13, 2010

Isn't tomorrow just another day?

No. Tomorrow is not just another day. I kept telling myself that its just Sunday. Just any other day. I will awake early, and go to church. I will sit on the third row, like always, and try to keep my eyes open. But then I step back, an realize. "You are kinda pitiful." Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. You are alone in your apartment. You have eaten every piece of candy within a 20 foot radius. You are watching Somewhere In Time, and you are going to cry within the next hour when the guy starts to fall in love. Then you are going to bed, only to have breakfast alone, walk to church with a hobble (broke my big toe today), and then sit alone for 3 hours at church. Not to mention the afternoon and evening alone, without a boy, on Valentine's Day. Yup, my valentine's are 6 and 10. Today they kissed my cheek and held my hand...that's the best is going to get. "You are pitiful."

3 comments:

Jane said...

Feeling sorry for yourself? Poor baby...let me just remind you that the hype around valentine's day is crap! Don't over-romanticize the ding-dong day, PEOPLE LOVE YOU even if "the one" hasn't made himself known yet. Slap yourself silly, get over it and wear shoes next time you play soccer.
Love your biggest fan,
Mom

Montana Wilkins said...

Yay, Jane! What a great comment! Completely on the money. You're a doll, Melinda, and we miss you! Speaking as one who has SO been there, done that: just enjoy romance for romance and keep the rest in a hopeful and optimistic light.

slcstylist said...

Kay, I don't get the 6 and 10 thing...guess you had to be there :-} And GO MOM!!! LOVED your comment Jane! Give us a call anytime Minna...we love having you come up! (We'll pass the love around) And we can't wait for the rest of the Wilkins to get their behinds to Provo- Go COUGARS!