Sunday, November 21, 2010

Singing Sisters

My Relief Society is great. GREAT!!

Our music moment is always a song from the Children's Song Book, and today I decided it is my favorite part of the day. There is something about women singing these simple songs together than makes my soul leap with joy. We sing proud, and yet you can feel the love and kindness drift through the room. It is soothing and comforting, angelic and sweet, and motherly in every sense of the word.

Today as we sang prophetic truths in the humblest form, I began to think about all the good these women will accomplish in their lives. The primary lessons taught. The long drives to girls camp. The babies rocked and soothed. The cub scout meetings endured. The meals prepared. The shirts soiled from tears. And intimate relationships each woman has with her beloved child.

They are women of God. They are mothers. They are angels.

No comments: