Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

So, Mother's Day is supposed to a relaxing day where mom get's pampered by her family. At the Wilkins household, we don't follow those rules. We give our mom unique gifts. Della was the most generous daughter of all. She gave mom a snotty nose, naked bottom, and throw up.

It started a couple days before, Della was sick. REALLY sick. Stuffy nose, coughing, laying around totally out of if. Saturday night I put her to bed, but when she wasn't there in the morning, I didn't worry about it. She often bed hops, especially when she was sick. As I looked around, and she wasn't to be found, I noticed the bathroom door was closed. I peaked in and there she was, curled up in a ball, on the tiny mat between the toilet and shower. Her night gown was up around chest, and her panties were missing. She had made it to the bathroom, but was too wiped out that she just couldn't crawl back to bed.

I told mom, and she started to laugh, and begged me to take photos. I carried her back to bed and continued to get ready for church. A while later I heard Della call out for mom, and I responded that I could help her. "No, mom." I responded but could only hear funny girgling.

I walked in, and the poor thing was half asleep, lying in a pool of throw up, and choking. I rushed to her side and half yanked her out of bed so she could be miserable in the trashcan, rather than her sheets.

"Mom! We've got throw up!!!!!"

She came in and could only laugh. What a sight we must have been. She was a mess, I was half dressed and struggling to help Della be sick, while not getting it all over my church clothes. Her hair was thrashed, her nightgown soaked, and she still had a naked bottom. Mom grabbed a rag and started wiping her down, giggling the whole time. It only got worse when Dad walked in.

"Did you know there is a giant wet spot in the - What the? Is she throwing up? Why are you laugh - Is she NAKED?!"

He couldn't get a full sentence out before he registered more of the picture. Mom and I just laughed harder and harder.

No comments: