Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tulip Festival

Ashlee took me to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was our last hoorah before she leaves for Ecuador this week. It was a beautiful morning, and the perfect day to do. I have never loved walking around in flowers so much (and I have spent A LOT of time walking among flowers).

I was impressed how often they played around with contrasting colors and the patterns they would create. One of our favorites was the orange tulips with bluish/purple pansies.

I confess, I started playing around with my camera like everyone else there, and this was my favorite. I have always wondered what it would be like to be very small walking beneath flowers and watching how the light spilled through their petals.

This picture doesn't do the pathways justice. They were breath-taking.

And, I HAD to take a photo of the Ranunculus at the front of the garden. They are my ALL TIME favorite flower, and the garden only had them in a couple pots around the main building.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

That looks so gorgeous! I love the picture of the yellow tulip where you're "small". It made me think of the documentary on Pixar we recently watched and how it talked about how they filmed with a little camera out underneath the flowers and shrubbery to get the bugs' perspective so they could use it for "A Bug's Life". Fascinating... :o)