Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Has Come to Shiprock!!!

December 5, 2011 (email)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!


Ok, I know it isn't actually Christmas yet, but it seriously snowed here, and I we have Christmas music playing constantly, and... I got 2 HUGE packages from my Family! (Thanks mom and dad, and Hardy clan!!!) Look at how stinkin' cute that Christmas tree is!! I love it! you guys totally know me by getting sparkly, colorful ornaments, and as for those lights...DANG! Those little buggers are INTENSE!!!! I've got a whole loot of stuff, and I haven't even opened it yet!! Grandma and Grandpa Hardy: That "Good Stuff" is AMAZING!!! Holy Cow!!!! I'm trying to savor it, but I think I may have to make myself a batch, or two, or six. And the caramels from home....I screamed out loud, spun around, and did a little dance. (The Elders jumped back at my extreme reaction to the sugar....they delivered them to me and were just as excited to see what was in my big packages.)


I included a picture of me standing on a cliff, edge, thing....that is what a lot of our hikes look like. We rush to get all of our P-Day requirements done, and then hike all day. This thing was nuts! The ledge we walked on came to a point, with maybe only a foot wide space to walk. Either side was a steep drop. Then we got to the cliffs we wanted, and found a "path" that lead around it. The Elders were running along the path, but Sister Kesler and I just clung to the steep cliff wall and inched our way around straight rock up one side...a path barely 2 feet wide...and a "drop off" twenty feet down. We couldn't believe the Elders were dumb enough to climb it, but then we realized we were stupid for following them :)

I also threw in some photos of our baptism this last Saturday. His name is Kamriyano Tyler (Pronounced like the Toyota car : camry-ano.) He is 12 years old, and a stud. His mom and sisters were baptized years ago, but wen inactive when they moved to Shiprock. His mom stopped us one day and said to come teach him. OK!!! sure!!!! He is so smart, and so quick, and he really wanted to learn. He took to righteous principles quickly and his prayers were amazing! He would stutter and be a mess, but they were heartfelt and sincere. He gained a testimony of everything so quickly. It was great to work with him and fall in love with his family.

This week we find out about transfer news...I get the feeling I might get moved, but I really don't want to go. I want to stay here for Christmas, but it wouldn't surprise me to leave. I'll go where the Lord wants me to go....I hope I can just do it with a happy heart.

Did you get to watch the Christmas Devotional last night? It was AMAZING!!! I loved the little movie clip! It's going to be awesome for missionary work. My favorite parts were 1) the angel: he had such cool effects around him, and it worked really well. 2) When the shepherd came to Mary, she actually looked tired! I hate it when she looks all bright eyed and bushy tailed. She just had a BABY for heaven's sake! She should look exhausted!!!!

Did I tell you I got a hair cut? Not much, just a couple inches, but the lady is NOT as good as Aunt Melanie...the layers were a mess, so I had to fix them....that is tough...
Oh, and you can tell from the photos...I'm getting chunky. I'm not bashful about it. I'm getting round. You can totally see it in my face. I've put on 20 pounds since I left. It is all the fry bread and sheep fat! ugh.

I love you! Next time I write I'll know if I'm staying or leaving!!

Love,

Sis. Melinda Wilkins

No comments: