Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

November 28, 2011 (email)

Hello everyone. This may be short because I wrote a long letter to dad...hopefully he will post it on the blog.

This week was rough numbers-wise because we had 2 p-days (Thanksgiving) and a zone conference. But Thanksgiving was great!

We went to our Ward Mission Leaders home with just him and his wife. Sister Kesler and I came early at 9 to cook food while the Ward Mission Leader and the Elders went to chop wood. We finished and all sat in the living room. Sister Walser had the Thanksgiving day parade on TV, and she watched while Sister Kesler gave her a foot massage and I wrote in my journal and tried to do letters. The Elders came back totally beat, but we made them stay awake and eat. We were totally surprised that we didn't have any sheep at Thanksgiving. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, jello, yams, bread, cranberry stuff, and a bunch of other goodies. I was amazed at how much I packed in. For how small I am, I was able to eat as much as everyone else. They all watched as I sat and tried to finish it. They made me show I had swallowed like in Fear Factor.

We were all too full to do much, so we decided to go on a walk, and the Walsers suggested the actual Shiprock. They brought their dogs and it was funny watching them follow Elder Buynak all over the place. He's a monkey and climbs everything and the dogs were always by his side. You'd see him reach a peak and then pop! the dogs show up beside him.



We came back and had dessert: ice cream, yummy raspberry stuff, pumpkin pie, cheese cake and something else tasty. It was a really relaxing day.

We have a baptism this weekend...which means there will be tons of opposition this week. Ugh, but glad game: someone is entering the gate to the CELESTIAL KINGDOM!!! IT doesn't get much better than that. The little boy's name is Kamriyano Tyler. He's 12. He's way smart and quick. He's excited to get the priesthood and be able to go to the temple with his mom ( who is working on going to do baptisms for the first time in years!)

Well, I love you all!

Love,

Sister Melinda Wilkins

No comments: