Monday, July 2, 2012

Wicked Thoughts About a Dog

Monday, July 2, 2012 (email)

Last night was my worst night of sleep EVER while on my mission. It was so miserably hot and we opened our window to get some cool air. Well..at first I was just having a hard time getting my brain to stop thinking and let me sleep...but at 11:30 when I was still lying there miserable, the STUPID dog started barking. And not just a bark every couple minutes....CONSTANT BARKING UNTIL 4 AM!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT UNDER OUR WINDOW!!!!!!! Oh!!!! Makes me so mad. Then I couldn't really get up to close the window, because Sister Patrick's bed it DIRECTLY beneath it!!! Oooohhhhh.. I got to sleep for 2 hours but then the stupid yipper started up again!!! I had such unrighteous thoughts about that dog!!! I was cursing at it in my head, and pleading with Heavenly Father to do anything to make it stop and help me to sleep. (But, that was all told with a smile on my face and that dramatic way I tell stories.)

Now, I'm at the point where you have a weird crazy level of energy...probably because I'm running off of fumes....and we will have to see what happens tomorrow.
When we are done with email, we are going to meet the zone leaders from way down in Gallup at the Apache building, because they have Sister Patrick's wallet...which she left there while on exchanges. And they have presents for us!! Sister Patrick and I bought CTR rings in NAVAJO!!!! SOOOOO COOOOLLLLL!!!!

This last week totally flew by. We didn't have a huge amount of luck, except for one golden investigator. She had just moved into town, and we offered to help her unpack. She had an LDS friend and knew a little, but most of it was incorrect. We taught her about the restoration while we worked, and then sat down to talk about the Book of Mormon. We weren't done with our spiel...and she cut in..."Well, how could I get my hands on one of those books, because that sounds really great. It would be so much more pure than the Bible, and I would love to read it!"....WELL!!!!!!!! "Actually, I have one right here." I handed it to her, and she responded, "This is great. I will totally read it with an open mind and ask god about it."...Double wow!...."Actually, that's what we were hoping you would do. Will you read this paragraph..."

Holy cow, we are way excited! Oh, her name is Beth Hasenbog.

Sister Patrick and I love being together, and we are going to plead with the new mission president that we stay together...for the ward's sake...because they have had miserable whip lash from all the missionaries that have been emergency transferred in and out.

I feel totally shot for ideas of things to tell you about. I wish there were more interesting things to say.

I want to send extra love to Ashlee as she takes her big test today! YOU ARE GOING TO DO AMAZING SWEETHEART!!!!

Love you all!!!
Sister Wilkins

No comments: