Tuesday, December 18, 2012

BIGGGGGG NNEEWWWSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, December 17, 2012 (email)

Um, really big things are happening here!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh

We got transfer news on Saturday...and I was shocked. President did not let me know before hand, and he usually hints or flat out tells us with something big.... I AM BEING TRANSFERRED TO BLANDING, UTAH!!!!! I am going to open the area to sister missionaries, and ......I AM GOING TO TRAIN AGAIN!!!!!! what?!?!?!?!? I am going to be in a YSA and a family ward!!! CRAZY!!! I have to pack up everything, twice...back to back....and because I don't know what she will have or need, I have to bring it ALLLLLLLLL. I can't just throw it away now or leave it for someone here, but instead carry all that junk to Utah, and then deal with it there. I thought I wanted to stay in Farmington, but this new assignment is so fantastic! I had a wish list of things I wanted to do before my mission ended, and this fulfills all of them! I wanted to serve in all 4 states, open an area, serve in a singles ward, and to train one last time. Wow. (I guess I should be careful what I wish for.)

Actually, getting what I asked for is what I really wanted to talk about today. Before I was put with Sister Nay for the second time, I was praying to know what else Heavenly Father had for me to learn before I finished, and I really wanted a closer connection to Christ. I had a lot of little things/characteristics I was asking Him about, and I hoped that I would live up to His expectations. When I was put with Sister Nay, I thought, "Well, this is just another trial and I will have to grit my teeth and get through it."

I had that mentality until this last week. We had a spat and it was not fun. I had to tell her that I was getting too frustrated to act and think appropriately, so I went to bed to pray and think and compromise in the morning.

The morning came, and I thought that I was being really Christlike and I was compromising really well, but when I presented my ideas to her, it totally flopped. Here I was being humble and submissive and it wasn't good enough.... (so I thought) ... But then she said something that clicked, and everything changed. At this point I can't tell you what it was, or what all of my questions were concerning, but I finally gave up my will and let the Spirit take charge. I took a HUGE step back and then saw the obvious right in front of me.

I realized that SHE was the answer to my prayers. She was not a trial, but in fact the perfect answer and the perfect way for me to learn what I had been asking about. I thought Heavenly Father was delaying my answer, but in reality, He gave it to me right away. Oh, I have been so hard and so blind. I can't believe that it took me this long to figure things out.

I wanted to work harder and tract better, and she has done exactly that. She has pushed me to work harder than any companion ever has. She has opened my eyes to new ways of doing things. At first I whined and complained and kicked against the pricks, but then I started to understand what she was trying to teach me. You know how much I don't like change, but she helped me to see that my way is NOT the only way (Here I was trying to teach her that, but I was wrong the entire time). This last week we worked our selves into the ground. Our average number of lessons, was around 18. the mission standard to aim for was 20...and this week we did 33!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!! Plus, we have quadrupled our investigator pool, and it we had TONS of people at church! holy smokes!

Last night we had a white elephant gift exchange with the Gish Family. They are incredible, and they have adopted me as either another daughter or granddaughter. There is a joke in their family about what their granddaughter Tosha's first kiss over the alter will look like...and its a terrible cross eyed, fish lips thing. They were so proud of their unique idea, and then were tickled when I had a similar ability for awkward faces...for the last 3 months, when ever I go over, Tosha and I have to make the faces. Well, for the gift exchange, someone found UGLY kissing fish...so Tosha and I HAD to have them. So...tada!!! SSSOOOO UGLY!!! and so wonderful!!



I love you all so very much. I probably won't email next week, so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope you have the most incredible year. This is the year that I finally understand and treasure  Christ at Christmas, instead of just enjoying the holiday. 

Love, Sister Wilkins

No comments: