Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Temples and Pillows

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 (email)

My letter is a day late, because we went to the Monticello Temple yesterday. It was the absolutely BEST day I have had in a LONG time!!! I got to sit by Sister Patrick and Sister Isaacson and then they sandwiched me on the couch in the celestial room and we all held hands as we cried and prayed silently. We had one handkerchief (that Grandma Hardy gave me for my birthday) that we passed back and forth between the 3 of us so we wouldn't have to get up. I had some serious questions to ask Heavenly Father, and He answered EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! Oh, it was fantastic. I definitely needed that to deal with the craziness and stress that is my life now with Sister Nay.
Speaking of Sister Nay, she has made incredible changes since the last time we were together...and this transfer is not one of oppression or depression like last time....but it still isn't totally fun. We do laugh more now, and I have learned how to show her love in a way that she will recognize. 

Oh, in the subject line, I mentioned pillows...there will not be a mission-wide Christmas gathering this year, so yesterday became our celebration (non of us knew that until after it was practically over). The mission office gave us some little gifts....and one of them was a travel pillow made out of a Blue Corn Flour sack..that is the MOST USED FLOUR IN ALL OF NEW MEXICO...and the only flour that Navajo's will use to make fry bread. Us missionaries have gotten pretty creative about how to use those bags to make cool things for ourselves. I LOVE MY PILLOW!!!!!! So fun!!!

I feel like there isn't much to tell you....I just keep trucking on, and taking it day by day. Time was previously going at light's speed, but now it is crawling....oh well. We have been doing a lot of tracting and it gets easier and easier every day. (Thank heavens.) 

Well, I'm totally clueless on what else to say...sooooo....

I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Sister Wilkins

No comments: