Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Morning


It is 8:05 am, and I have just sat down in the Harold B. Lee Library on campus. Its 8 AM!! On a SATURDAY!

But I had quite an interesting moment as I walked to the library doors just now.

I knew I needed all the time I could get in the library this morning, so I planned to get her just as the building opened. I timed my walk perfectly. For long stretches of time, I was the only person walking around campus this morning.

The sun has just barely risen above the mountains, and the light is about as magical as it comes. I was 15 steps from the front door, and the BYU bell tower started to chime. If you are not familiar with the bell tower, on the hour it plays the first few lines from Come, Come Ye Saints. I chuckled to myself as I opened the door and sang along in my head. It was as if the Library were calling to me:

"Come, come ye saints! No toil nor labor fear. But with joy, wend your way!"

Now isn't that fitting as I try to conquer the last of my assignments?

1 comment:

Leigh said...

What a perfect start to a very productive day. Best of luck as you power through these papers and finals.