Friday, July 15, 2011

Pretty Little Me

A while back I discovered Pretty Little Me on etsy.com. I love her work! I was so inspired by a necklace she made, that a couple weeks ago I just had to buy it. Well, its getting down to crunch time with my mission, and it hadn't shown up yet. I sent a sweet email asking if it would get here before I left. She never responded.

But the other day I did get an email from the post office telling me my order had been shipped. I have checked the mail every day waiting for it. Well, today it finally came, and the box was bigger than I expected.

(I should have taken a picture before I opened it, but this will have to do) I opened the box and I found a small yellow package with a butterfly and soft ribbon.


Then I found this note from her. I was so tickled that she would spend time wrapping it up all darling, and then writing a personal note.


I thought I was in heaven when I pulled the little package out, and noticed she had included this picture of a door nob from the Salt Lake Temple. I have admired this photo on her site many times, but never actually purchased it. Now I was in heaven. This photo had particular importance because that is the temple where I received my endowment.

She took my breathe away when I opened the package. She had included all kinds of goodies and pretty little things that I have admired for so long! I couldn't believe my eyes. The whole family gathered around the table as I giggled with joy. These are pins to put on your coat or purse. How could she know I have been looking all over town for something to spice up a boring missionary bag?

Then she added these bobby pins. They are so beautiful, I can't take my eyes off them.

The most stunning of all are these delicate earrings. I have wanted a pair of these forever, and had to decide between them and the necklace. Now I'm just a really happy little girlie!

And I apoligize about the photo, I can't get it to rotate, but this is the necklace that started it all. It represents how I try to get through every day. It comes from my favorite hymn and is focused on pioneers (which I love). All is well. I am going to make it. Life is beautiful. Life is good. Christ is my Redeemer. All is well. Thanks be to heaven for messages like this, but more importantly, thanks should be shouted for people like sweet Lady K.

No comments: