Sunday, July 31, 2011

Letter written July 27, 2011

Hello family!

I love and feel at home (and I haven't been here long enough to have cabin fever.) I do like my teachers. I have three. Sister Dunn, Bother Reid, and Brother Wanket. Sister Dunn is great because she has a feminine touch. Brother Reid gives a good dose of reality, and Brother Wanket is the big brother of one of my yearbook boys (the skater kid.) Small world!

We use Preach My Gospel constantly. As well as some new workshops and notebooks that are a pilot program. I was prepared in maturity, but NOT prepared concerning studying Preach My Gospel. I'm trying to catch up, but its not coming as quickly as the Elders.

My companion is Sister (Daphnie) Kost (pronounced cost.) She's from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She's pretty quiet, but I'm breaking her in. We are starting to really bond in friendship. We went to the temple this morning and she hadn't been since her own endowment. I helped her along the way and I had a surge of love. We are starting to learn how to teach with the spirit, which is the key to all teaching and learning.

My district is AWESOME. There are 12 of us. Two sisters and four elders going to Farmington and two sisters and four elders going to Atlanta. It is amazing to be with them. We know how to work hard, but also to play and laugh hard.

Right now at the MTC, they have almost record breaking numbers. There were 400 0f us who came last week, which brought the total up to around 2600. Today's numbers will bring us closer to 3000.

We went to the temple (like I said before) and I couldn't believe how much I had missed it. It really is a part of who I am. I thank you mom and dad for making it a priority and teaching us its importance.

My P-day is Wednesday. You feel like you'll have oodles of time, but you don't.

Two nights back we woke up at 2:15 by the loudest fire alarm I've ever heard! We ran from the building and sat outside for 20 minutes. They don't know why it went off, but it sure wasn't planned. Obviously there were some rather sleepy sisters, but for some reason I was wide-eyed and bushy-tailed. It must have been my training at the Tanner building.

I've seen tons of people. Mike, Brian Thacker, Cami Bingham (she lives across the hall), Wes Smith, and a couple of sisters from my singles ward.

Thank you for adding me to your prayers. As often as I play The Glad Game and look for reasons to smile, I need all the help I can get.

I love you all! Lots of kisses, hugs and spanks!

Love, Sister Wilkins

No comments: