Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 2 (email)

Hello Everyone!! well, week 2 feels just like week one. LONG days. Short weeks. I really got in the groove of everything. My companion, Sis. Kost (who's going to Farmington) and I have really figured out how we teach best. I have finally figured out how to teach simply. The elders make fun of me constantly for being too complicated. They keep mentioning the KISS Formula: Keep It Simple Stupid!!! Ok. ok. its coming. I just have to constantly think how I would teach Della about the different topics.
Personal study time is one of my favorite parts of the day: Its just me and doctrine and covenants. There are so many inspiring scriptures about missionary work, holding out, and enduring with joy and singing praises. My companion and I have been memorizing all sorts of scriptures, lesson parts, and missionary mottos. We are really starting to feel confident in ourselves. Our disaster appointment from the first week has become a great testimony builder for us. We have really struggled to connect with Radleigh but this week he finally believes in God and said a BEAUTIFUL prayer. We came out and cried we were so happy (we also think this hard skinned investigator was trying not to cry!! woot!)
It feels like I've been here forever, and yet no time at all. We ship out on Monday at o' dark hundred. We are supposed to report to the travel office at 4am. We have a flight from Salt
Lake to Phoenix at 7:10 and then from Phoenix to Durango, Co at 11:50. It will be a long drive from Durango to Farmington. As for getting everything to fit, I hope I can do it. I think I will disperse the weight better than when I came to the MTC, and I'll ship a box of medicine and office supplies to the Mission Home and hopefully pick them up when I get there. My family made fun of me for having so much stuff, but when the Elders or Sisters in my district need something, they come right to me. I've already fixed a couple elder's clothing and had all the supplies sisters could need. As for clothes, I thought I had too much, but I have the least out of all the sisters in my apartment!! seriously! I don't know how they are going to get everything to fit.
The food is still good, but as much as I thought I was restricting myself, I wasn't. I can tell clothing is tighter. ugh. I'm working on it....like by going to the gym and running my body into the ground. I've been really working on flexibility and distance, and I feel pretty good about where I'm at.
Love you all!
Sis. Wilkins

No comments: