Monday, October 24, 2011

THREE MONTHS!!

October 24, 2011 (email)

Good grief! Its been three months. It feels like no time at all, but also an ETERNITY!

This week was a normal missionary week, with one exception, WE HAD A BAPTISM! Aariyanna is 9 years old and comes from a less active family. She has taken amazing strides. The first few weeks we taught her I thought she would NEVER sit still or remember a single word we said. Well, the gospel changes people, even little children. Now she remembers everything, stays focused, and her reading has improved. It is so cool. We were a little worried about her and the Word of Wisdom. As we taught her about it she said, "We drink tea. I'll go get it to see if it is ok." It wasn't. She sat there CLUTCHING it, holding on for dear life. She did NOT want to give it up. After much discussion, she finally got it. We were worried she wouldn't keep it, but she totally surprised us. She has stayed completely devoted.


Another story: we had dinner with the elders outside our trailer a week ago and some dogs came by. Some one dumb fed them (NOT ME) and now they come back. They will sit at the door and cry. Here is a photo.
Here's another story, that I forgot last week! I was proposed to!!! By someone totally sober and serious!!! There is an "eternal investigator" at church who has taken a special liking to me. He asks to shake my hand, but then throws his arm around me. WEIRD. Not used to that. It wasn't a big deal, just awkward. Then last week he came up to me and told me how nice I looked with curled hair and then proceeded to tell me he thought I was a really nice person and that he liked my personality. HA. OK, thanks. Then he came up and said, "I probably shouldn't say this, but I would marry you if I could." I gave a nervous laugh and walked immediately to the elders. They thought it was funny until what happened next. I was trying to casually keep my distance, but HAD to walk by him. He waved me over. Oh drat, now what? He was sitting down and I bent over to talk to him. He grabbed both my hands and said, "Sis. Wilkins, can I marry you?" I YANKED my hands away. Smiled. "No. No you can not." and walked away. OH THE THINGS YOU SAY AS A MISSIONARY!! I nearly fell apart laughing. I was so blunt. HA!! It totally cracked me up. The elders did not find it so funny. E. Munns hardly left my side after that.

Oh yes, we have a new elder. Elder Wise. He may be half way through his mission, but the kid is just that...A KID. He'll do well in the area, but he proves himself to be a little boy sometimes. :)

Love you all!!
Sis. Wilkins

No comments: