Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference!!!

October 3, 2011 (email)

Hello, Hello, Hello!!!Add Image
So.... PROVO TEMPLE!!!!!!!! WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't sit still when I think about it!!! Totally stoked!!! And as for all the temples in Africa, I totally called it! (That was my guess from the beginning).

Conference is so cool as a missionary. Everything seems to have the utmost importance. I was glued to the screen for the entire time. I would look up and think, dang, that was a good 20 minutes but then look at the clock and see that it had been almost the entire session already! Was anyone else excited by the fact that the choir wore ORANGE ties on Saturday morning? (probably not...I'm the only person who would ever think about something as silly as that). And who doesn't love Pres. Monson! "Hello." HA! and how many times did he roll his eyes! he's such a cutie. I just want to hug him or walk around holding his hand. What a sweetheart! And then there was Sis. Dalton's talk! As if I didn't love her before! That was amazing. All you men take note, because she was exactly right.

Well, this week has been kinda wonky. The Shiprock Fair has started, and it takes over everything! Work slows down because you can't drive without lots of traffic and no one is home because they are out having fun. It also means we need to be inside by 7 because of all the drunks and messiness at night. It really wasn't that eventful. We keep running into less actives (i think its silly that the church has us call them that, because they are IN-ACTIVE. They don't come at all) who have been seriously offended by the core families of our ward. Who are those core families? People who's father has been the bishop over the past 30 years. Nobody likes anybody and it is seriously making me mad. I am not a person who takes offense, so I am really struggling to understand their views. I can't see why these people will let a thoughtless comment be the thing that separates them from ETERNAL SALVATION!! (Can you tell I have some intense opinions on the matter?)

As for Sis. Thomas, she and I are still in a rough place. We have NO chemistry. None. It's really making things tough. I don't like the lack of laughter. I love laughing, but...we don't laugh. It's tough. I'm looking for love in any way I can. Service is what I'm starting with. I look forward to the time when we can be a strong united force here in Shiprock. Here is what I know about her. She is from McHammon, Idaho (that's probably not how its spelled). It is a small town kinda near Pocatello. She has been out for 6 months, and has been in Durango, CO the whole time. She has 3 brothers and 1 sister. She is also the only non-red-head odd ball in her family. She went to school at UVU and did her pre-recs for nursing, but she might change it when she gets back. She likes to sleep...as in as soon as planning is over, she is in bed. It makes things kinda lonely at night, and there is no bonding time, but I do get to read the scriptures and ponder more. She likes being outdoors and playing sports, but she's not the sporty type. That's all I know. Not much. (What does that say about how much we talk?)

This last paragraph sounded really drab, but I am happy. I am serving the Lord. I am where he wants me. I am in a "foreign land." I have worthy priesthood holders nearby, who are dear friends. I have the spirit acting in my life. What more could I ask for? I love missionary service. It gives you a sense of belonging to an army of God.
Love,
Sis. Wilkins

the photos....
Elder Buynak pressed his face to the truck when it was clean. Then we drove all over town and red valley. The dust stuck, and then his face was with us every where we went. It was quite funny.
I wore my "Holland is my Hero" shirt during lunch on Sunday. Everybody loved it!!!!
P.S. Are you reading the Book of Mormon daily? Are you talking with Heavenly Father daily? Do it. That's all I tell people, every day. So please do it.

No comments: