Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 (email)

Happy day of love everyone!

Why am I writing on Tuesday? Long story. Last week our district decided to go to the temple today. We had to sell an arm and a leg to get someone to take us there, but we were willing to do it because its the temple. We switched p-day from monday to tuesday, and worked all day yesterday....But then a nasty storm hit last night and the district leader canceled the trip...so we had a wonky p-day, and no temple. Oh well. We will try again. I'm just stoked that the temple is
an option!

I bought an uploader to send photos, but the computers at this library won't recognize anything. UGH!!!! I'm kinda peeved. But its not the end of the world. I guess I will just have to make a CD of photos at Walmart and send it to mom and dad for them to put on the blog.

Last Tuesday we had Zone Conference in Bloomfield!!! That's a 2 hour drive and 2 zones away. We spent all day driving, and I was totally asleep before my head even hit the pillow.

But there isn't much to talk about this week. Things are still rough. There isn't much work to do. We spend all day looking up less active families and no one is home. We visit referrals and get all no's. We tract cold, windy, country roads for hours on end, and get....nothing. I'm surprised at how positive I have been. I'm serious, but somehow Heavenly Father always helps me keep a smile on. I think that is my role in life: be the smile that helps the really important people stay
focused and energized. There isn't really a great work for me, I'm just the helper of the greats. I can handle that. I'm good at smiling.

The best thing and worst thing of the week are the 2 baptisms this weekend. They are great because they are BAPTISMS!!! Its not so great because we just found out that they don't count for our numbers. We were under the impression that they counted, but things got clarified
and they don't. Oh well. Not the end of the world. At least we get to keep that warm fuzzy feeling of being helpful for Morgan and Troy. They are truly terrific little boys. I love being around them. They make it all worth it.

Oh, and we stopped by that less active family's home who were about to kick us off the porch, but then let us in. He answered the door, but he was beaming!! and so happy to see us! WOAH! MIRACLE! She wasn't home, but we are going to stop by tomorrow.

Well, I have to go! love you lots!

Love,
Sister Wilkins

No comments: