Tuesday, February 28, 2012

PRAYER WORKS! Prayer Works! prayer works!

Monday, February 27, 2012 (email)

Hello Everyone! Can you imagine me running around and skipping and proclaiming that? because I was!

We had a miraculous experience this week! We had our temple trip fall through again and we were getting extremely discouraged. Nothing seemed to work. (Which meant Satan was doing all he could to keep us from going.) But then, we ran into a member on Friday morning and she
just randomly asked if we were allowed to go to the temple and if we wanted to join her the next morning!?!?! We were stunned but tried to hide it (she told us later that we didn't do a very good job of it.) We made some calls to leadership and got the ok! SWEET! There was nothing that could mess up our plans that bad in 24 hours.

WRONG. We were out and about in the truck searching for a less active member. We took a road we thought would get us there. We could see the tracks of other vehicles, so we figured it was safe to take it. Well, we started sliding on the ice and were so excited to get to the dirt. It wasn't dirt. The ice had melted and turned the dirt into MUD. Slimy mud. We started sliding pretty darn good. I got it to stop, put it in 4 high...nothing. We just slid down the embankment a little, and closer the the fence...the barbed wire fence. Ok, 4 low....we kept sliding towards the fence. I stopped. We parked and got out.

I knew I didn't have the driving knowledge to get us out of the situation without getting us into major trouble first. I called Sister Kesler who has lots of mud experience, and she nearly peed her pants laughing at me. She insisted I call the vehicle coordinator. Dang.

I called and he insisted on a tow. UGH.

Called the tow guy, got all the details to him, and he said it would take him at least an hour to get to us. Double ugh! Because the sun was going down and we were sinking in the mud a couple inches up our boots. He said if he couldn't get the truck out, he would have to come in the morning when the ground was frozen and get it. NO GOOD. We wanted to go to the temple at first light.

Sister Patrick started freaking out and getting really upset. I didn't want to focus on the negative, so to her frustration, I started singing Primary songs. Poor thing, Sister Patrick, she was going to get the spirit into her whether she liked it or not.

A couple minutes into singing a farmer drove up on his 4 wheeler, and told us to cancel the tow. He instructed me what to do and pushed us out when needed. It was AWESOME!!! We got onto the road, thanked him, gave a prayer of thanks, and went on our merry way.

PRAYER WORKS. PRAYER WORKS. PRAYER WORKS.

Well, that was my story! Have a great week!

Sister Melinda Wilkins

No comments: