Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Don't Have Anything Clever To Put Here

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 (email)

Hi. Still no way to attach photos, but I'm working on it.

I feel lame, because I don't have anything REALLY interesting or funny to tell you...

We were thrilled this week to get 2 new investigators. One for each ward! That's exciting because one ward has all the work, and the other ward is usually asleep. The first one is Aubani... she was a former investigator who felt pressured into baptism, so she backed off. She and her less-active husband recently had a new baby, and they realize that they want to be an eternal family. She knows deep down that she wants to be baptized, but she wants to do it at her own pace. We will gladly agree to that.

The other investigator is Linda. She recently married an extremely less-active man and he talked to her a bit about his beliefs, and then we got a not connected referral to go see her. She was raised Baptist and is very strong in that religion. Sister Patrick was practically asleep and totally at a loss of what to say to this woman. I felt just as confused and couldn't think of what to do, but I had to fake confidence so the whole appointment didn't fall through. All I could think of was to ask her to explain her beliefs so I could compare our religions for her. She told me, and me still being dumb drew a blank...."How in the world am I going to tell her what we believe and not forget any important parts?" Wow. I'm dumb. Thank heavens the Holy Ghost has his head on straight and can help dodo's like me. "GET OUT YOUR ARTICLES OF FAITH!!!!" he yelled at me. "Oh, that could work..." So I started going through each one, and eventually it led to questions she had about Joseph Smith, priesthood authority, and the Book of Mormon! It led into the message of the Restoration PERFECTLY!! When we presented the Book of Mormon to her, and asked her to pray about it, she said, "Well of course. I was already planning on it! Should we do it right now?" We tried to hide our shock and surprise, but gladly placed our hands in hers as she prayed with us right then and there. WHOA!! Thank heavens the Spirit was there to help a dummy like me.

On Saturday we attended the baptisms of Morgan and Troy. Morgan was afraid of the water, but he had a change of heart the night before the baptism and was a completely different boy. He was courageous and excited and couldn't stop smiling. I cried as he stepped into the font with his shoulders squared and a confident smile on his face. Hooray!!

We were going to attend the temple today, but our ride fell through. Satan is doing all he can to keep us from going. We will try again next week.

I love you all very much. Have a fantastic week!

Sister Melinda Wilkins

No comments: