Monday, May 7, 2012

Mosquito Bites and Trampolines

Monday, May 7, 2012 (email)

HI!!!!!!!
Happy Cinco de M*** (Mayo)  (sorry, you know I can't spell the dumb thing)
Happy Mother's Day
Happy beginning of Mosquito Season!!

How do I know about the bugs? Because I got bit 3 times in 10 minutes by MONSTER bugs. My ankle got HUGE!!!! and I have slathered itch cream on it constantly for 4 days!! oye

So, if you feel poor and like you don't have any food, first pray for food, then when you get it...give it away....What? yup give it away. its the tithing principle:you always get more! We didn't have a ton of food or dinners a while back, and so Sister Nay started praying for food...it worked. Then we had so much that we started giving it away to other missionaries...but then we just got more and more food!!
 Now we have so much we don't know what to do with it.

The trampoline reference is because I set up a trampoline with a recent convert's family the other day. It was not as hard as I thought it would be...but now I am an expert trampoline setter-upper. AND this family has made it their personal goal to help me not be afraid of animals. Their son, Troy, who I helped prepare for baptism, said the dinner prayer: "Please bless the food. Please help Sister Wilkins not be afraid of animals, and please help us to have a fun night. Amen." NO JOKE!!!! I started busting up mid-prayer!! But by the end of the night I had held: a puppy, a chicken, a lizard, and a cricket. The lizard and cricket are a really big deal!!! And I have photos!!! Too bad I can't get them to you on this stupid computer!!! ugh

Oh, and here is the biggest news of all!!!! The sisters in Shiprock called me yesterday totally frantic. Shiprock is being closed for sisters this week!!! They are being emergency transferred into Farmington (both of them) and President is going to put a senior couple in with the elders! WOAH!!!!! There has been all kinds of junk going down there since I left, and I am pretty glad that I didn't have to be a part of it. It would probably break my heart to see the mess that has erupted. I'm sure I will get more details from those sisters later.

Not so interesting....I found a Celestial Pursuit this week under the bed. It's like Trivial Pursuit but from a 1970's LDS perspective. I feel soooooo dumb when we quiz each other. WE don't have a clue on any of the info. Its like going to a BYU Religion class: you think "I'm a good Mormon, and I've always payed attention and worked hard! I should totally ace this thing!!!" and then you most definitely don't do well.....but now I can memorize it all, and whoop all your bums when I get home :) ha. just kidding!

Well, I think I have run out of interesting things to say. I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Melinda Wilkins

No comments: