Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day and Mad Moms

Monday, May 14, 2012 (email)
 
Well, I talked to my family yesterday!!!! WAHOO!!
Can't hardly believe it! It was probably the fastest 45 minutes of my life.
 
There is so much to tell you about this last week!
 
On Saturday I met a lot of MAD MOMMAS!!!! They were cows.....We went branding at the Relief Society President's house, and we had a blast! We gave 10 full grown cows their shots and tagged their ears. (I was the one to do the ears) Oh, it was tough. They would thrash their heads all over the place, and FLING snot 20 ft...not fun. But then we had to get the baby cows into their mess: we gave them shots too, and they got branded: UKC (Uncle Ken's Cows). They would scream and thrash and get all sorts of messed up. Whenever one of the calves would start yelling, their moms would come running and just mooooooo and mmmoooo at us. Afterward we threw knives and tomahawks and then we used wrist rockets to shoot marbles at a target. I was best at the tomahawks.
 
There is a lady in the ward with a HUGE bush of Peonies...and she knew I loved them, so she gave me a HUGE bouquet of bright fuschia flowers!! SO AWESOME!!!!
 
I found out that the Bishop of the Cortez 3rd ward (where  I serve) is related to me....but I'm not sure how close. His family is from Ramah, NM too. His middle name is Bloomfield!! WOAH. Bishop's name is McGee (Larry McGee)
 
We had a miracle yesterday! There is a less active woman, Marilyn, who had not come in 10 years. She was offended and has always come up with an excuse to not be there at the last minute. Sisters have worked with her for ages! Everyone in the ward insisted that she wouldn't come..but we were determined. We have had the goal of her attending on Mother's day for over a month. We were praying left and right that she would fight the temptation to not come. Then, on the morning of, I was prompted several times in the morning to pray that she get to church....well, we pull into the parking lot and, she had just gotten there herself. We ran to the car, and saw a look of terror on her face. She looked seconds from driving off. We got the door open, and just talked to her. We got her on the way into the church, and I talked about silly things that would keep her attention on me, and not on where her feet were taking her. We got in, sat down, and.....SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!! Hoorah for Israel!!! Can't believe it happened. She told me later that she had almost not come multiple times that morning, and then really was ready to leave, so it was good that we showed up when we did.
 
MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!
 
Love you lots!
Sister Wilkins

No comments: