Monday, August 20, 2012

drum roll please...

Monday, August 20, 2012 (email)


tatatatatatatatatatata (that was the drum roll) CHING!!!

I am training AGAIN!!!!
yup
It really wasn't that big of a surprise, because President Batt had mentioned it 3 weeks ago as a possibility, and then he had ANOTHER interview with me this week, and he said it was a MAJOR possibility then. So, I'm training. There is only one sister coming in, and I think her name is Sister Isaacson...maybe...I'll know for sure tomorrow. I do know that she is from the eastern part of Idaho...and that's about the extent of it.

This weeks transfer news was absolutely CRAZY! There are 15 new elders coming in, and only 2 going home, which means lots of new areas being opened up. They closed Cortez for sisters (not a big surprise...that needed to happen long ago) but they opened Page, AZ for sisters. There are a heap of new elder areas...and BIG changes with all the Zone leaders. Many of the previous zone leaders were chosen to be trainers (often opening new areas) and then they had to call new Zone Leaders. Through the grape vine, I found out that Elder Munns and Elder Buynak, my buddies from Shiprock, became Zone leaders. Cool. Its a really neat experience to watch the Lord and the work change these boys into really dedicated leaders. Very cool thing to witness (I hope when I get back you can see changes in me, that I let the Lord change me into a stronger, more dedicated woman.)

Sister Rowley is being transferred to Aztec, NM and she is really excited about it. She will be with her old MTC companion...wow. Three months out and they are together again...that rarely happens, but her new companion is INCREDIBLE so it will all work out nicely.

We had a pretty good week. We found two new incredible investigators. They are both so eager to read the Book of Mormon, and one of them even came to church. She tried to get out of it (Patricia) but we convinced her to come anyways. At the end of the block, we asked her how she felt. "When I got here I was so uptight and stressed, but now I feel so good and fantastic. AND, the things said today were the PERFECT things for me! How did that happen?"...hahahah! I love this church and gospel! ITS AWESOME!!! (We were very happy to explain to her how that all works out and how Heavenly Father blesses us in little ways like that all the time.)

The other awesome occurrence this week was visiting Beth Hasenbog. She moved in a while back, and some ward members helped her out. we have met with her almost weekly ever since,...but it was usually light religious discussion while we helped her settle in and unpack. Well, we felt the strong impression to finally read from the Book of Mormon with her, and we were going to do everything in our power to make it happen on Saturday. ...We walk in, sit down and she says, "I need you to help me find some passages from the Book of Mormon that will help me. Life is going crazy at work, I am miserable, and I feel like I can find answers in here." ....I was almost positive I heard the Hallelujah chorus ringing in my ears. My face beamed, and we taught, and read, and you watched her light up as we read and explained. AWESOME!!!!! SO STINKIN' EXCITED!

Oh, more miracles: we were able to get another new investigator to the Mutual activity (we went too) and we walked inside...AND SHE ALREADY KNEW MOST OF THE Young Women!!!!! It doesn't get much better than that!! Sweet!!!



I am including a photo of the coolest dinner I have had since I came out. The Gish Family, who I absolutely adore, fed us this week. They found out that neither I nor my companion had ever been served a greenie dinner...so they took it upon themselves to help us with that. We had green lemonade, green salad, green beans, green noodles (cooked in green water), with green chicken (yes, green) in a green chile sauce. To top it off, we had green cake. LOVE THEM!! (They were also the family that supplied us with marshmallow guns last week for our mallow war.)




There is another photo of a new necklace I got. It was one I had admired at the trading post owned by and LDS family in town. I've drooled over it for weeks. Well, the other day an elder from way out in Toadalina came in and was showing us the necklaces he bought for his mom. I recognized one and the necklace laying directly next to the square one in the display. I told him how excited I was to eventually buy the square one. He disappeared and I didn't think anything of it. A half hour later, he shows up with a tiny box and gave it to me.....and you guessed it, the square necklace was inside. He REFUSED to let me pay for it....I was SO TICKED at him for not letting me pay...But he does that to everyone. The kid is totally loaded, and gives gifts as a way to show his friendship. If you refuse a gift, he gets really offended, so I accepted and made sure to be particularly thankful.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Enjoy the ending days of summer! Be safe. Have fun. Devour the scriptures. Say prayers until your knees hurt. And love the heck out of everyone you see!

Love,
Sister Melinda Wilkins

No comments: