Monday, August 13, 2012

I can't think of anything really clever...

Monday, August 13, 2012 (email)

Hellllooooo!!!!

Let's see how quick I can do this...
We contacted a former investigator who's name is DeAnndra. She is 15 and was taught by the sisters last summer. She wants to be baptized, she just needs to find a ward member who she is comfortable with to do the baptism. Well dang! That's awesome. She is so much fun and I can't wait to get to get to know her!!

The other day I got a call from the singles ward sisters here in Farmington. They were trying to contact Angie Garcia, my favorite and last baptism in Shiprock. They are trying to help her get active in the singles ward, because they think it will really help her to thrive, and I agree. I was so tickled to hear that they are in contact with her, and I can't wait to see what happens. I totally adore Angie, and I think she may be one of my favorite investigators ever.

This morning we had a marshmallow war!!! There were a bunch of us sisters with access to some marshmallow guns/pipes and we had a BLAST (get the pun? ha) We had HUNDREDS of mallows everywhere, and we laughed through the entire thing!! There was one moment, where an elder who had gotten under everyone's skin walked into the gym...totally unaware...and all 10 of us clobbered him with marshmallows!!! SWEET!!!!!

Today was the first day of school around her, and I had a really tender moment I got to watch. The Castelli boys (the family we live with) were all bright eyed and bushy tailed and excited for the day. I watched them take their photos and get their hugs and words of encouragement as I ate my breakfast. IT was such a sweet moment... and I realized this is why I serve...FAMILY. LOVE. TOGETHERNESS. This is what we offer people. This kind of love is what Heavenly Father offers each of his children. This is something I will seek after. It was just a perfectly sweet moment this morning that I am so tickled to have witnessed.

Last Monday at Walmart, I turned the corner and saw a familiar face..so I smiled and kept walking...but then the gears in my head finally started to work and I realized who it was...and then my stomach dropped out! UGH!!! IT was McKelly, from Shiprock, who was the TERRIBLE  CREEPY MAN from Shiprock who would always hug me, and then proposed to me at a ward activity,...multiple times. EEEWWWWWWWWWWW GROSSSSSSSS!!!! By the time all of this registered in my brain, it was too late and he was by my side. CRAP. My companion was informed who he was under my breath before he got to me, and she stiffened almost as much as I did. We tried to be as polite as possible...but after and eternity of 3 minutes, we were able to literally RUN away. Oye. Not fun.

There are a ton of other things I want to tell you, but we have to run off to our dinner appointment. I hope you have a wonderful week, and I can't wait to talk to you all next week... Oh, and transfer news come this Saturday. I told president I could totally handle another transfer with Sister Rowley, but he led onto the idea that I might be training someone new instead....so we will have to see what happens. I told him I would do whatever he needed me to do, and I would do it with a smile on my face (well, I did tell him that if he put me with Sister Nay again it would probably look more like a grimace, but I would do it none the less.)

Love you!
Sister Wilkins

No comments: