Monday, November 26, 2012

pie and more pie

Monday, November 26, 2012 (email)

I was so proud of myself because I had kept my figure looking soooo nice for so long....I don't think it will work out that way. I have had SOOOOOO MMUUCCHH PPIIEE!!!!! And I LIKE it!!! I have tried lots of different kinds, and I don't mind trying more. Just call me the pie queen from now on.
On Wednesday night we were invited to Pie Night at the Eagars...that family that I want to grow up to be like. Sister Eager and her mom made 12 pies that day, and 2 of them being my family's recipes: avocado and oatmeal! Avocado was definitely the hit of the night. Everyone was really curious about it, and you could tell they were nervous, but they all devoured it....it was the only one completely gone. 
 

Thursday we had to go to Walmart to do our shopping....they were prepping for black Friday stuff. HOLY COW!! that is crazy. I am NOT going black Friday shopping. Nope. Not happening.

We went to the Gish's house for Thanksgiving day. They are another favorite family here. They are just like my real family, and I feel totally comfortable there. Sister Gish talks about me like I am her daughter or granddaughter  and their granddaughter is planning on driving me around town in her revamped VW bug when its finished. This family has also invited us over for Christmas day, and I couldn't be happier about it. I sat and crocheted while Sister Nay helped cook. (I didn't want to be another body in their tiny kitchen). We ate, and laughed, and played Uno, and walked around the neighborhood  and looked through all the black friday adds. (They are big shoppers)

Saturday we spent the ENTIRE day finding people to teach. I was pretty nervous about it, but Sister Nay assured me in the end I would enjoy it. It wasn't that bad. We did find a lot, and it was a highly productive day. The only bummer from the day was heartbreak at the Richman home. I wont disclose any details because its really personal for them, but I ask that you keep that entire family in your prayers. 

We visited with a couple different member families this week, who just made my day. They were telling me about the joy and light that I have brought to their lives. My heart melted. It made me feel like I was actually making a difference. Thank you to Nancy Wood and the Landry Family (especially Miguel, who is 3 years old and has a form of autism. He wants to marry me)

I hope you all have a terrific week!!
We are going to the Monticello Temple Next Monday as a mission, so I probably wont write until Tuesday. I'm sooooo excited!

Love,
Sister Wilkins

No comments: