Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Tenders (Part 3)

One of the greatest blessings in my life is morning scripture study. I often wake up with a natural man mindset and thing, "No, not today. I will do it later. I must do something else now."

But then the still small voice whispers in my ear and nudges, "Do it now. You will thank me later."

After serving the Lord for 18 months, I have learned to listen when that voice comes.

This morning, I felt like a mortal human, with things to do...

...but I listened...

and at this moment, I feel calm, empowered, and hopeful.

Who doesn't need those? That is the perfect way to start the day.

Tender Mercy 4: The Ensign article I read this morning.
Ensign
Becoming Men & Women of God, by Elder Craig A. Cardon. You can click on the image above to take you right there.

It was amazing. I love the individuals Elder Cardon describes. I love the strength and power of his wife. I strive fro the characteristics he highlights. Please read it.

Tender Mercy 5: 2 Nephi 31:20

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite scripture. (Which is saying something. I don't like to be a band-wagon member...I don't want to like something, just because everyone else likes it. This is a scripture that everyone likes...so by default I should DISLIKE it. But I love it)

This scripture was written for me and the struggles in my life. It has given me strength during NUMEROUS life trials, and I am sure I will find power in it forever more.

 20) Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

I bolded the parts that are most influential for me. What inspires you?

No comments: