Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the 9 Month Anniversary of me returning from my mission! That is HALF OF A SISTER'S MISSION!!!!

UGH

I have been reflecting upon my mission a lot the past couple days....so when I had the opportunity to give the spiritual thought in class today, I spoke on a major lesson I learned in the field.

Obedience.

I realized:
1) as a missionary it can sometimes feel hard to follow ALL of the rules. It seems restrictive and confession, sometimes there is the desire to rebel
2) coming home and following the rules is different, and harder
3) the path is not laid out straight in civilian life, like it is a missionary.
4) its harder to know what the right choice is, and its harder to be EXACTLY obedient when there are so many choices

I shared some of these thoughts with my class....and then later in the day heard a quote that also connected to the topic.

M. Russell Ballard:
"Sometimes we are tempted to let our lives be governed more by convenience than by covenant....But there is no spiritual power in living by convenience. The power comes as we keep our covenants."

Civilian life easily turns towards convenient-focused rather than covenant-focused. I want to be covenant-focused,  like I was as a missionary.

I want to be exactly obedient to commandments and promptings, because "exact obedience brings miracles."

No comments: