Monday, August 4, 2014

can you hear the spirit over the rain?

Sometimes there are moments that strengthen your testimony in the simplest of ways.

Two such events happened today:

1) Ward FHE Carwash. I was asked to give the opening prayer. It was cloudy and threatening rain. It was dry the entire event...but as I stepped under the front porch, I felt the first drip. (Sure hope all those people had garages)

2) It was a simple pitter pat for a while...but then WHAM! BAM! POW! The rain was going nuts!
Just go downstairs and play in it.
"But I should -"
Just do it! Why not?! Get your family.
So I ran down the stairs and was about to swing around the banister, when I heard crying. I froze in place. There were frantic shrieks somewhere behind the dumbing rumble of the pelting rain. I opened the front door, and found the 2 year old from next door terrified. He had gotten stuck in the momentary rain as he followed his siblings. They had come into the house and shut the door on him. The poor guy was TERRIFIED. I tried 3+ times to get him to come to me....but he wouldn't have it. It took a bolt of lightening for him to realize that I wasn't nearly as scary as it was.

The Spirit is so great! I mean it! So great!


No comments: