Tuesday, August 26, 2014

He knows your needs

Heavenly Father knows each and every one of his children. He know their wants and needs. He listens to their prayers. But more importantly, he ANSWERS the prayers of his children.


This is a photo of one of my favorite families from my mission. In the very center, making a ridiculous face, is Aviana. (I wish I had a photo of her simply smiling.) I love her with my whole heart. She changed my life. I was always amazed at how dedicated she was. There were times when I would come and visit, and I would think, "Wow. This girl's faith is helping to hold her family together. I hope I can be as determined and faithful as she is."

We have kept in contact since I came home. We talk about anything and everything. A few months ago she told me her family was moving to Mississippi. My stomach dropped to the floor. This girl was thriving where she was. She had a great ward, with loving people all around her. She was on a path to spiritual success. I wanted her to be celestially happy with my whole heart. I care for her as if she were flesh and blood.

I was worried that she would get lost in the transition of a move. Maybe she wouldn't find a church...or she wouldn't run into missionaries....or she wouldn't be able to find any good church friends or support. That night I wept as I prayed to Heavenly Father. I pleaded with Him that He make sure this little girl would be ok. I care more about her salvation more then I ever thought possible. I can't bear the thought of something spiritually or physically happening to her. I begged that he would keep her spiritually safe: that she would find the church in her area, that she would find loving ward members, that she would stumble upon the missionaries. (I knew that if she could simply meet the missionaries, she would swoop them up with her loving arms, and never let them go)

Tonight we talked on the phone, and I tried not to cry as I heard my prayer had been answered. She was outside with a friend, within a week of moving in, and saw Elders. Heavenly Father put those elders in Aviana's path. He placed sister missionaries nearby who are there to nurture and love Aviana in this vulnerable and challenging time in her life. She is still on the path towards Heavenly Father. He listened to my prayer. He knew the needs of this little girl. And bless the missionaries and members in Mississippi who listened to promptings, and were in the right place when this little girl walked by.

He answers the prayers of His children.

No comments: