Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Dream

Last night I had a crazy, amazing dream.

School. Powerful bad men. Darth Vader. Jimmer. Surgery. Me.

I was at some sort of School meeting, working alongside these powerful men (they may have been professors or business men or whatever). I was stating my opinion a lot. They didn't like it. The best part is that I was right, and could talk circles around these men. HA. I knew they didn't like me, and would try anything to get rid of me. But I couldn't leave of my own accord, and they couldn't get me out. I could tell they were formulating a plan to have me disappear.

Then I see Darth Vader trudging down the hall. He has Jimmer with him. They are headed to a surgery. Jimmer is to be the surgeon. (wacky dream, but awesome) I am a spectator at the surgery, along with many of the bad professor men.

Jimmer walks in with that alarming blank face of his, and takes his place for the surgery. Instantly I know their plan. Jimmer is a generally calm but powerful person. Once you get him going, he's unstoppable. But it is also known that if you get him worked up, he will attack and he will win. I know what they are up to.

The plan: have Jimmer start the surgery. I will be a spectator. I will comment like I always do. I will be just as annoying to Jimmer as I am to these bad men. With Vader's influence, Jimmer will lose his cool, attack me, and then death. Jimmer get's the blame and consequences, and the bad men get rid of 2 annoying people at one time.

Well, how am I going to get myself out of this? I'll do what I do best...talk. So I start yammering on. At first it doesn't make any difference: Jimmer is intently focused on the surgery, the bad guys are just staring at me with the look in their eyes: "will you can it, or at least roll over and die?", and Darth Vader is standing along the wall ready when the action starts.

But then I start to come up with some really good jokes (I mean really good, as in I'm making myself laugh). Its the my laugh that catches his attention. Jimmer's concentration is broken for a moment, and he looks over and sees me. He tries to go back to work, but I can tell he was surprised at how pretty I was. Oh, this is going to be easy.

I keep going and his focused blank stare starts to melt away as the corner of his mouth starts to smile. Then he can't help but steal glances at me. Every time his smile gets bigger and he turns redder. I've done it. Eventually I have him laughing out loud.

The bad men are fuming! Darth Vader has started to shift his weight and look antsy. Ha, and you thought you could control me. Jimmer stands up and says, "I've completed the most critical part of the surgery. You can stitch him up. And he looks directly at me, takes my hand, and we walk out.

I can feel the shocked and angered looks of the the bad men as we walk away. And somehow I know inside Vader's stupid black helmet his jaw has dropped. They thought they could kill me, easy. But I showed them. And I ended up with a Happily Ever After.

*Note: I do NOT have a crush on Jimmer. I am actually kinda Anti-Jimmer. But for the purpose of this story, I'm going to assume that he was a man of power, that every girl in the "world" wanted, and yet he picked me.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Holy cow, Melinda--I laughed out loud the whole time I read that! You're an amazing writer, I was totally sucked in :)
LOVE YOU!

Lauren Ruth said...

I was imagining something mission related. Not a Jimmer fantasy!

Montana Wilkins said...

That sounds intense (and funny)! And like it could have been one of my crazy dreams! Except I know very little about Jimmer, so he probably wouldn't be someone I'd dream about. :o)