Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sappy

If you couldn't tell, I'm a girl through and through. I love chick flicks, love stories, and sappy endings. As an over-fantasizing girl, I fall trap to daydreaming and getting lost in books. At first I don't feel bad for losing myself in those stories, and I don't feel too bad for wishing they were true in some way.

Why do I wish they were true, because they show boys being vulnerable, sappy, and in love.

Problem:
These books are all written by WOMEN!!!

Its a woman trying to channel the inner thoughts of a man. That doesn't work, because no
matter how hard she tries, her feminine bias shows up and subconsciously she writes what every girl wants to hear, rather than what a man would actually think. UGH.

There is no hope for a real life sappy love story is there?

No comments: