Thursday, September 8, 2011

Service (email)



September 6, 2011
Hi, this is going to have to be a quick letter. We had a busy week, and things are going to get busier. We had a wedding on Wednesday for Amber and Matt Johnson. They only had us and the Elders there with the bishop. At the last minute her mother, sister, and grandmother agreed to come. Her family is against the whole thing, but we are hoping that after Amber is baptized next week their hearts will be softened. (there is a picture of us together, and another of the beads that I hand stitched on her bouquet, while we bounce along dirt roads).
We also had a Baptism! My first one! It was a mother and son, Sharon and Tyre. They were prepared by the Lord and are going to be excellent members of his kingdom. Sharon has such powerful faith and she is so excited to have her life turned around. She is changing the face of her family forever. E. Cheney, the district leader, told us he had an extremely powerful interview with her, and was prompted to promise some really incredible things.
There is another picture of a Birthday card I sent Katherine, that explains one of the mysteries of the world. Katherine, if you haven't opened it yet, don't look or read this. The the flabby arms always seem to come as women serve the lord. We get them as missionaries and when in relief society (AKA "Relief Society Arms"). It seems like a burden now, but really it is a secret blessing from Heavenly Father because of our worthiness. HAA! at least that's what I'm going to tell myself.
If you wrote me a letter this last week, I'm sorry, but I will have to write back next Monday. It didn't happen yesterday. No time. I have not forgotten about you, I promise!
I love you all!! I really do. You are in my prayers.

No comments: