Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2 Months (email)


September 26, 2011

This is new. Transfer number 2 shouldn't be a big deal. It was. I got my new Companion, Sis. Thomas. It was a rough day. Sis. Tsosie and I stuck together all morning, and we just clutched one another. Sis. Thomas was doing the same thing with her companion. You could tell there was a lot of love in each companionship, and we were both unsure of what this new experience would be like. We were nervous for good reason. We are so very different. I love her because she is a daughter of God, but I am working on loving her for all of her. I mentioned to the Elders how they were lucky that they were 2 peas in a pod. I mentioned that Sis. Thomas and I were from 2 separate gardens. Then they really shocked me with their profound response. They said, "You are owned by the same gardener, that should be all that matters." .....DANG!! Put me in my place. Thank Heavens for these inspired young men. That really changed my thinking. I know it will take work, but I seriously think we can have a very strong relationship. I know there is so much she can teach me, and I look forward to those lessons.


On another note, there are photos of all the great things that happened this week. We took photos with the Elders at a graffiti wall. It is a pretty building, and low and behold, it has CTR on it. We don't know if it stands for the same thing that we associated it with, but we like it none the less. Then there are photos of our baptisms from Saturday. Branden and Sage Foster, who are the studliest little kids I have ever met. I absolutely adore them. Then Deanndra, whose mother and sister were baptized last year, and have recently started coming back. IT was an amazing service.

Then there was the Relief Society Broadcast. LOVE IT!!!! I cried the whole thing through. I'm such a goober. I can't wait for General Conference. It is going to be the highlight of the transfer! Please pray for the leaders who are going to speak to us, and pray that you receive personal revelation that will help improve your life. IT is amazing what prayer can do. I am just starting to realize its implications. This morning I thought I was praying for only a couple of minutes, but after I really poured out my heart I realized that it had been 15. I love talking with my Father in Heaven. Sometimes its all I can do to keep from breaking down in frustration.

How I miss you all! I really do. I think about you daily, and you are in my prayers. Please stay strong. Please do the little things....they really make all the difference. Oh, and enjoy the nice northern weather and color changes, it still looks like death and brown here (and I think it always will).

LOVE YOU,

Sis. Wilkins

No comments: