Monday, March 5, 2012

BIG NEWS!!!

Monday, March 5, 2012 (email)

Well, I'm having a baby!!!

Slow down your breathing, and imagine my face with a giant smirk.

Here's the story: This last Saturday was Transfer News night. Sister Patrick and I were not worried about anything because we felt like we were just now getting our feet under us. We felt like we finally knew how to work together, and that we had only been together one transfer... Around 2:00 pm the missionaries start texting each other asking if they know anything about transfers. President usually makes leadership and training calls around lunch on the day we get transfer news. People try to peice together as much info as they can before the official call later that night. We got all the texts and didn't have any info. We were told who was training, and thought, "whew! we are safe." We let our guard down. Bad plan. At three we were about to go tracting, and there was a call. I thought it was Shiprock. Nope. It was President!!!!

He asked if I would accept the call to train a new sister missionary!!!! Yes sir I will. "Do you have any questions? Do you think you can handle it?" "Well, with the Lord's help, can't I do
anything?" "Oh good sister, you do understand. I'm proud of you. I will see you Tuesday morning."

Sooooo....I'm training! Wow. Didn't expect that now. Maybe next transfer, but didn't see that coming. I'm not scared, just nervous. I feel at peace about the situation. I could worry and play the "What If" game", but that only fills me with doubt and fear, which is NOT from Heavenly Father. I will rely on him, and hopefully I can help "raise his daughter right."

Missionaries joke that your trainer is your parent. So my mother would be Sister Tsosie, and my Step Mother is Sister Thomas. ....With that in mind, I am going to be a Mom....hence, "I'm having a baby!" The REALLY cool thing is that Sister Tsosie goes home this week, so she gets to be a grandmother for 1 day of her mission (she has one day where she, my greenie and I are all serving here.)

Other cool news...Sister Patrick is going to SHIPROCK!!! Seriously. The crazy thing is that Sister Kesler is still there!!!! I hope Sister Kesler can help her to loosen up. She needs some more joy and silliness in her life.

Well, that's the best news I can come up with!! I love you all!

Have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Wilkins

No comments: