Monday, March 19, 2012

Baptismal Dates...Satan must be around the corner

Monday, March 19, 2012 (email)

Good Morning Everyone!

I don't think I have any funny stories to talk about this week. We had a special 2 Day Zone training in Durango, Colorado on Tuesday and Wednesday. Its only an hour drive, but getting up at the crack of dawn and driving and then sitting all day, and driving again can take it out of you. We had the Monticello Sisters spend the night with us, and it was a fun couple of days. Sister Kost is serving in Monticello, so it was nice to have her back around.

On Tuesday Sister Nay and I volunteered to sing after lunch to bring the spirit back to our meeting. I was kind of nervous, and I had a cold, but it went really well. We added a verse on missionary work to hymn 219. I was really proud of myself that I just jumped up and did it!

We had interviews with President Jones, and it was a really nice experience. It was the best interview I have had with him. He could tell that I had progressed as a missionary, even if I couldn't. And he assured me that I was capable of training in the Lord's way. He gave me some tips on working with Sister Nay, and helping her to calm her passionate side. I felt reassured in my abilities, and ready to get to work.

The next day was more training..and I realized that I was a much better missionary than I had thought. I couldn't see how much I had changed until I had someone to compare myself to. For example, Sister Nay has a hard time teaching simply...which is something I struggled with for a LONG time. And I was able to see what I had implemented and taken out of my teaching to make things better. I felt so good about myself. I realized how far I had come and that I could keep up this momentum. I look forward to seeing my total progress...

Last week I mentioned Jamie. She has really touched our hearts. We taught her about the plan of Salvation, and set a baptismal date with her. Then we were able to get her and her family to come to a Child of Record Baptism on Saturday. She was very moved, and even more excited
about her baptism. We had a lesson at the church and talked about what they had seen and experienced. Her 12 year old nephew jumped in and said he wanted to be baptized too! WOAH.

Jamie is a smoker, and we tried an AWESOME stop smoking program with her. It is fool proof if you follow all of the rules. You can seriously be a non smoker with no cravings in 7 days.... Well.... she didn't follow the rules. We just found out about it this morning. We will keep moving forward with her. She wants to step down little by little with the smoking, so I guess we have to take it at her pace.

I have to get going. My companion is chomping at the bit again.

I love you all.

Sister Melinda Wilkins

No comments: