Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dropping like flies

Monday, March 26, 2012 (email)

Hi ya!

Subject line: we keep getting dropped by people. Its frustrating, but its not the end of the world. We know they will come around soon, but we have to wait. I am at peace about the situations. I know how to handle it. Sister Nay had been really pushy with people recently, and they are pushing back, so this might clue her in to why I extend so much love for people and why I am content to go slower with people. I told her last night that I would rather move slower now, than too quickly, have them back out, and take many months if not years to come around again. I don't know if she agrees with me, but I made sure to share my opinion.

I had something I wrote in my Preach My Gospel a while back stand out to me: If the Savior walked into a room, you would PHYSICALLY feel his love. When I teach people, as a messenger of Christ, can they feel His love through me? They should.

So now my goal is to work on exuding love more. I'm not sure how to accomplish the task, but I'm going to try. I know that by serving them we will learn to love more, but they are stubborn and don't want help. Maybe I will be pushy about helping others, but then just love the Heck out of them. :) Do you think it will work?

This was the busiest week we have had in Cortez, and it was great! We got so much done. We picked up more new investigators than ever before since I've been here, taught a good number of lessons, and made lots of progress. The district leader was impressed, and the zone leaders were so impressed that they called to tell us about it! WOOT!!!!

This coming week we have 2 more days of training directly from the mission president. I am really excited about it, except that I have to drive 2 hours each direction, for 2 days, and do it after sleeping on the floor...Its fun, but its rough. :)

Here are my big things for the week: I blew my nose in an actual handkerchief! Surprisingly more exciting than I thought it would be. And I tried sauerkraut. (On a hot dog....and it was AWESOME!)

Love you lots!!!!
Sister Wilkins

Happy General Conference Weekend!! I'll be thinking about you all!
"Holland is my Hero!"

No comments: