Monday, March 12, 2012

the Goat...

Monday, March 12, 2012 (email)

HELLO!!!!!!!

We got attacked by a goat last night. No Joke. We tried to contact a referral, and they had a goat. He is NOT nice. I have met him a couple times before trying to contact this woman. Well, yesterday he chased my companion around the car and she screamed and squawked as he ran behind her. Then he jumped on the hood of our Jeep and pranced around up there. My companion freaked out, jumped in the back seat as I yelled at the goat and got in the car. I eventually got him off and we drove off. It was definitely the BEST tracting story I have had yet!!!! I got a photo of it too!

Being a trainer is so much responsibility!!! But I think I can do it because I have the Lord on my side. Plus he wouldn't have given me the challenge if he didn't think I could do it.

My trainee is Sister Kathleen Nay. She is 22 and from Wisconsin. She is the most excited missionary I have ever met. She had so much energy! She wanted to literally run from place to place. But eventually her energy levels mellowed out and I was able to keep up. She has the most faith out of any missionary I have ever met! She believes that absolutely anything is possible... which it is... but she believes that it will all happen every day! I will not be the one to burst her bubble! I refuse to be a negative voice in her head. I don't even show her when I'm discouraged, because I want her to see all the positiveness of missionary work.

She did a couple semesters at BYU-I, but she has worked a long time to put herself on her mission. She is a determined little booger. She is such a hard worker and I am thrilled to work with her. She has huge potential to be one of the greatest missionaries this mission has ever seen. She HATES study time and planning... but I love those. I think it will even us out. If I can get her to like planning, studying, and keep her current fire, nothing will stop her!

We had a miserable experience this week. The woman we have been teaching, Linda, broke our hearts. On Monday before Sister Patrick left, we had an extremely spiritual lesson that had some of the most powerful promptings ever. We committed her to be baptized and met with her every day this week. She was the most prepared of any person I have ever met. Our dreams were dashed when she called Saturday night and canceled the appointment, all further appointments, and the baptism. She didn't have the support of her alcoholic husband and wouldn't move forward until they were on the same page. It was miserable.

But the work moves on. We do have a new gal, Jamie, who is about as amazing as they come! I will fill you in on her more later! I love you all. Happy Birthday Lauren!!

Love,

Sister Wilkins

No comments: