Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Spring....psych!!!!

So we thought it was spring....NOPE!!!!! We had 2 days of rain and snow and nastiness. It blew sideways for 2 days straight!. Sideways. Not up and down. SIDEWAYS!!!

Well, we got transfer news on Saturday. Sister Nay and I are staying! I am not surprised...but Sister Nay totally was. Poor booger, she is totally stuck with me for another 6 weeks :) Technically everyone in our district is staying, but they are splitting up areas and mixing and matching companions. We were all totally shocked because we didn't think there was that much work to do around here. Everybody already knows about Christ, and they sure don't care to make the effort to learn more. Oh well, I'm sure God knows who needs to be found, and if we ask for help and sit at the pond long enough, we will catch a lot of fish. :)

This week was pretty normal, except for Wednesday. We spent from 8 am until 5 pm doing service. Seriously. We were involved in 3 or 4 different service activities! We were totally zonked by the end of the night. The longest service project we had all of the Elders in the area help us to gut a house of an investigator. Susie was renting out her home, but they were growing pot and packed up and left in the middle of the night. We were ripping out carpet, sanding down walls (the whole house was made of GIANT logs), and scrubbing junk and filth off of everything. When we pulled up I didn't think I was going to like the house (rustic really isn't my thing) but when I got inside, I fell in LOVE with it! The layout was unique and they had done some really cool things. If I had a family, I would want to spend either Christmas or summers there.

Sister Nay and I have been working really hard on our teaching skills. She is really pushing me to improve. At first I was kicking against the pricks and didn't want to budge. I had the prideful mentality that I already knew how to teach, and I didn't like someone who was brand new telling me what to do...but eventually Heavenly Father softened my heart with a couple whacks upside the head and I realized the validity in her comments. We are really progressing in our ability to work in Unity and to teach simply but powerfully. I am glad that we are together. We are very different individuals, but we are learning so much from one another.

Now, there are MANY congratulations in order!!
I have a cousin who got baptized this week...Maddy McHale got married on Saturday....and Ashlee, Charli, and my MOM are graduating this week!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I send you all my love. I am going to brag...I get to go to the Monticello Temple next Monday!!!! It is our mission trip! WOOT!

Love, love, love,
Sister Melinda Wilkins

PS...I will hit my 9 month mark this week. Woah.

No comments: