Monday, April 9, 2012

Methodists and Easter Eggs

Monday, April 9, 2012 (email)

I have decided that if I ever lose my marbles and decide not to"be LDS anymore" then I will become a Methodist. I don't know anything about their beliefs except for an open hearts and door thing... But I do know I like the people. We have been asked to help and volunteer at some of their establishments in town, and I really enjoy their company. We sort clothing at the thrift store, and this week we helped at the soup kitchen. They are really great people.

Today we are having a Zone P-Day activity... We are going to Mesa Verde!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!!! SO excited, but it means I have to fly through this email even more than normal!

We had a really fun family invite us over for Easter dinner, and then we had and "Easter cantata" (Sally deFord), and then last night Sister Nay and I had an Easter egg hunt in the GIANT and EXTREMELY MESSY garage of the members we live with. We were not hiding eggs for children, but for each other, and we made them kinda hard. Sister Nay got miffed at me when I started giving her hints after looking half an hour for 13 eggs, and only having found 6. I whined the whole time :) and I found mine much quicker because she gave hints the whole way through. Aren't I tricky? I'm such a pill!

We had cleaning inspections on our apartment this week, and a senior couple came to do it. They were so cute and so sweet. They brought treats for Easter, and then took us out to dinner! I had such a great time with them, and it made me REALLY want to serve a couples mission. SO BAD!!! You get to serve the Lord, and be surrounded by the missionary spirit, and you do it with your best friend. Oh, I can't wait!

We have a couple people that we are really excited to work with. Many of them are former investigators that we are picking up. It seems like we have just connected with them a lot! We are excited to see where things go. We still don't have any baptismal dates set, but we hope to have some very soon.

Oh, last random thought...when we were at the soup kitchen I had a sensation that I hadn't had in a long time. People were looking at me. Ok, I know people look at us funny all the time because we are missionaries...but this was weird men looking at me...as in looking...at me. I didn't particularly care for it. At first it was kind of flattering, but then I just felt dirty. Thank heavens for all the wholesome elders and righteous men I have been around in my life. I am proud to say that I have never felt uncomfortable around any of them.

I love you all! I hope you have fantastic weeks! This Saturday night is transfer news night....so maybe next week I will have big news. (Probably not, but you never know.)

Love,
Sister Wilkins

No comments: