Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Temple Blessings

Monday, April 23, 2012 (email)

Hi everyone!

This morning we went to the Monticello Temple. It was incredible. I just love going there. This was Sister Nay's first time to the temple since her own endowment, so I was able to help her a lot. It was a cool experience. It makes me really excited to go when my sisters go through the temple and when my friends go. I always make sure to look in the mirror in the Celestial room, and try to see myself how Heavenly Father sees me. It gives me a lot of hope. I think the sweetest thing happened just after I walked into the Celestial Room. There was a High Councilman from our ward who drove us all up. He reminds me a lot of dad, and I think he is a hoot to be around (it was at his house that I threw tomahawks and that I will brand cows). I was waiting by the door for Sister Nay to come in, and he walked up and smiled at me. "Sister, I just wanted to tell you that you look very cute today." (He said it just like a loving father would.) With my spunky personality, I responded, "Well, I look cute all the time..." I was quite taken aback by his comment. I thought it was so sweet and kind. It was a little reminder from Father in Heaven, through Brother Derrick, that I am loved. It felt like my own dad had said it to me. I was so thankful for that tender mercy.

The work in Cortez continues to go along. We have three investigators who we really care for. They are all from different situations and families, but they are so special to us. Aubani is a new mother, who's husband is less active. Tanner is a young man who's grandmother (whom he lives with) is a member of the church. And Susie is surrounded by LDS people, and has never taken the plunge. They are all reading a praying and trying to come to church. Please pray for them, because they are ready for baptism, they just don't believe us yet. Oh, I love these people so much, and I want them to feel the joy the gospel can bring. I was in the temple this morning! They can have that!! I want to see them there!! Heavenly Father wants them there. Please pray that they are strengthened and empowered, and that they commit to baptism soon.

With all of the good, there has to be some yucky stuff. Sister Nay and I know we can learn a lot from one another, because we are so different. With that in mind, our differences can create some pretty heated disagreements...ok...arguments. We are both stubborn....and we don't want to back down from our beliefs. If you can believe it, I am the conservative one between the two of us. I don't want you to think that we hate each other, because we don't...I just didn't want to lie and say that we were all honky-dory when we certainly aren't.

I love you all very much! I miss you! I hope you feel the spirit of the Lord guiding your lives, because I pray daily that it does!

All my Love,
Sister Wilkins

No comments: