Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sore Bum

Monday, April 2, 2012 (email)

I wish I had counted how many hours I sat sitting down this week! We had 8 hours of driving to and from training. Then at least 16 hours of training, and all of General Conference. And I mean ALL of general conference. I went to the Priesthood session. I wasn't really thrilled about it, but it kept peace in the relationship with my companion.

I'm sure I have mentioned multiple times how opinionated Sister Nay is. Well, she hasn't learned the art of compromise yet...so I do a lot of doing things her way to keep contention out of the relationship. It took a while for me to understand all of her reasoning, but eventually I think I understood her insistance. She grew up in a home without a father, and to better understand the priesthood, she and her entire family (all sisters) went to the priesthood session every conference. I thought it was a little odd, but as she pointed out, no one has ever gotten mad or Not invited the women. I felt really silly going in there, and we got some funny looks, but it wasn't the end of the world. We opened the door to the chapel and I thought I would be gassed out from all of the cologne. :)

On Monday we went on my first hike while in Cortez. We went to a national park area and walked around the trails that led through Sand Canyon and saw a couple indain ruins. I didn't realize how much I missed being in nature and hiking! It was so much fun! I love to discover those new places!

I hope everyone loved General Conference. I did...I put a lot of effort into enjoying it....but I wish I had tried even harder so that I could get even more out of it. This has to last me for another 6
months!!! My favorite talk was Elder Nelson and the guy from the 70 after him. I'm not sure why, but I liked them the most. OH!!!!!! AND WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!? NO NEW TEMPLES!!!!!!!!!!!! I was totally shocked! and kinda sad. Enough said.

I love you all. I hope you have a great week! I wish these emails could be longer, but my companion is literally walking away as I type!

Love, Sister Wilkins

No comments: