Monday, January 28, 2013

Its the Final Count Down!!

Monday, January 28, 2013 (email)

Most of you do not know our old neighbor Georgia...she was Emma's best friend when they were little. She and Emma used to sing karaoke together, and they always sang "Its the final countdown" and that was really the only line they knew from the song...so they would sing it the loudest...and then mumble everything else...so I keep hearing them say/scream/sing the phrase in my head. :)

There is so much to say, and hardly any time to say it....well, I mean you could wait for me to tell each of you in person, but that takes all the fun out of weekly emails.

I about had a fit in Sacrament meeting yesterday. There was an elder leaving on his mission, and THEY HAD A FULL BLOWN, LOOK-HOW-GREAT-MY-SON-IS-WHILE-I-CRY-ALL-OVER-THE-MICROPHONE FAREWELL!!!!!! WE DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!! DID THEY NOT GET THE MEMO?????? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS!!!!! BE GONE! AWAY WITH YOU!!! I was really irritated. no, it was not jealousy, it was..."um, excuse me, do you realize you are ignoring the instructions given by the prophet of the Lord?" Then at the end, it looked like a wedding reception line as all of the ward members filed to the stage and hugged the kid and all the teenage girls in Blanding blubbered their eyes out. "Girls, GO AWAY! He needs to focus!!! This is not about HIM! He is giving up the self centered focus and giving everything to the Lord. This is about the Lord!! Not how the star kid in town is going away!"

I had to remove myself from the room and think happy thoughts. Oh, I'm such a party pooper. So, if you were invited to my non homecoming talk...don't expect a lot of pomp and pagentry. I am going for plain. This is not about me. Yes, I am home, and that will be fun, but this section of my life has been about others...so no big frilly-ness. We will party up at home afterwards, but the church will be reverent, and respectful and focused on church things. ...hhaaaaaaaa. I feel better :)

Monday we had a fantastic day. we went on a muddy/snowy hike as a district. We went to some Anasazi Ruins at the south end of town. It was sticky and pokey and AWESOME. The best part of the day was right before dinner. When an Elder is done with his mission, he burns an entire suit...well, I wanted to be a part of the fun. So I put a YSA in charge of it....so I brought my clothes and my boots that I hate with a passion, and we hung them on the end of a long metal stick. I held the stick, the YSA doused the clothes in gasoline, and sister maynez held the blow torch...there is a before and after photo....the fire plume was at least 20 feet tall! AWESOME!!!!!





Oh, I get yet another CTR ring. This one is turquoise inlay from Bluff. Love it!! you think I liked CTR rings or something.

A monumental thing happened this week...for the first time ever, I witnessed someone cry when the first vision was introduced to someone!! Coolest thing ever! I will give more details later.

I got a wedding announcement for Sister Kesler this week. I had a fit. Why? Because the sealing is this WEDNESDAY!!! One week before I get home! I had a real fit..As in pacing the floor, arms flailing, and yelling....in the morning I beat the tar out of a punching bag, and now I feel much better!!! Now all I feel is happiness and excitement for them. Congrats Chrysty and Nathan!

I seriously questioned my desire to have children yesterday. We were asked to help teach primary...but then we got there and we were teaching a large CTR 5 class. We made sure there was another adult there,but oye!! There was one little boy, CEDAR...oh, he and I are going to have a word in heaven. I wrestled that child for an hour. WRESTLED!!!! I have never had to refrain so hard from hitting a child!! (And I'm not even that fond of spanking!!!) Oh, I wanted to pin him to the ground and sit on him. Poor Sister Maynez had to teach the entire class while I tried to keep the boy in check. Where was the adult...snuggling with their child in the corner. Oye. I have officially decided I am not going to attend my parents ward when I get back, because I do not want a calling in the primary yet. I will stick with YSA and all that jazz. :)

There is so much more that I could say, but there really isn't time.

Love you all!! See you soon!! Like really soon!
Sister Wilkins

No comments: