Sunday, May 5, 2013

Diddies

I need to be blogging more. Not because I want fame and fortune. Not because I want a huge following...but because I need to share my thoughts...and someone needs to hear them...and the Lord said "DO IT" and I respond "Yes SIR!"

I  have a couple random thoughts I will share. I may not be doing HUGE lengthy posts like I have in the past, but I am going to put little ideas, diddies, and videos. (Is Diddy a word? I want it to be a word) I wanted to call my new little posts : Dinda's Diddies...(Della used to call me Dinda) but then I realized that my innocent brain would think nothing of that title, and somebody else might just have a cow....so I will do a variation...because I REALLY like the word Diddy.....

I will call it Diddies by Dinda...
There. It is decided.

Diddy #1
Thursday I was volunteering at an After School Homework thing...I asked to help a child with an IEP (Individualized Education Program). These student can have mild behavior problems or something morel like a major learning disability.

I will call the little boy, Sir A.

Sir A and I were working on math homework. I leaned in to look at one of the questions, and his scent awakened my senses. My nose remembered something.

I smelled poverty.

I knew that scent: it is the one of unwashed hair. The lack of soap/perfume smell on clothing. It was the smell of "not enough". It was the smell of many of my beloved Navajo children.

It was a smell that made me LONG to give Sir A more. It was a smell that made me love him.

I love Sir A.

No comments: