Sunday, May 12, 2013

Motherhood


I love to wonder onto LDS.org on Sundays. This is the message on Motherhood that was posted for this week. I spent the day with my mother...and her mother....I had intended to be a source of light and joy for them....but instead I was the one who had a load removed as tears were shed. Even though I try so hard to be an adult, and to be tough, and to handle things myself, those women were still being the Mothers I needed. It was their big day, and they spent it loving on me.

My greatest desire is to be mother. I don't just want to be a mom. I want to be a righteous Mother in Zion. I want to be there. I want to experience it all. The late nights, early mornings, cold food, soiled beds, smelly socks, and cheerios spilled in the car. I want to fulfill the Purpose Heavenly Father designed for me. I want to teach my children about Christ. I want them to hear that I know who He is. I want them to seek Him.

So for now, I seek Him.

No comments: