Friday, August 27, 2010

Wakeboarding

Our first full day in California Ashlee's parents took us out on their boat and taught us how to wakeboard. After her brother showed off his skills, and made us all quiver in our bindings, I was the first to literally take the plunge. It took a couple tries, but eventually I started to get it.


I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Oh my gosh, I'm up!!

Oops, too confident, getting kinda wobbly .

Up and steady and REALLY excited!

Katherine was amazing. She was up and out of the water so fast you didn't know what hit you.

She was really steady and not going anywhere, so we took a dozen pictures of her just chilling like this behind the boat.

Sharla was not so lucky. She tried and tried and tried and tried....

And tried...and tried....and tried.....

And then she got it!!!!!! We all squealed for joy!

And then Ashlee put us all to shame and did this. Look at that air. I was lucky if I could stay going in a straight line.

Needless to say I was happy to have her back in my life

When the water started to get choppy we got out the tube and slaughtered ourselves. This was obviously before round one of death. We were all sore for DAYS after. Everyone else got skinned elbows and knees (but I didn't because I'm tough) I however was the whimp who could hardly walk anywhere for the next week. Too bad I didn't have a stud to carry me around. (he offered later but by then I had made a full recovery)

No comments: