Tuesday, May 6, 2014

To freak out? Or not to freak out?


The Spring Term has started....it is the preparatory time for my student teaching. The binder they had us organize is 
HUGE
The syllabus quiz I just took, has opened my eyes to the monstrous mound of work ahead of me.

I'm calm right now, but I feel like I should freak out. 
As if the magnitude of the situation warrants or qualifies for a freak out session.
What a silly thing to be thinking about: Do I need to spaz out at this moment?

Do I stay calm? Do I force myself to get anxious? 
Does the anxiety cause me to function better? Or take the situation more seriously? 

Or... 

If I keep calm, am I showing that I am an adult and completely capable of doing ridiculously intimidating things?

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Take a deep breath and take it all in stride. One day at a time remembering that you've done hard things before so you are capable of doing hard things. You've got this!